Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My (latest) favorite recipe

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1- 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked, regular long grain rice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper, and vegetables together. Pour into 8X11" shallow baking dish.
2. Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired. Cover.
3.Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken and rice are done. Top with cheese and let casserole stand til cheese melts.

I found this recipe in a magazine and it screamed "easy" and "comfort food" to me. I made it and it was delicious! Talk about an easy meal. Anyways, just thought I would pass on the yummy goodness of this easy recipe.

2 comments:

April said...

I love it when my food talks to me I will try this one Thanks heather!

Melissa DeMoux said...

It is REALLY good! Thanks for sharing the other night. I can't tell you how much I (and really Josh because he has been cooking) appreciated it. You guys are wonderful.