Monday, September 28, 2009

Matt got stung by a BEE!

Yesterday morning Matthew and I were out planting some perrenials when I heard a buzzing noise close by. All of the sudden the buzzing stops and Matt starts screaming. He was rubbing his right eye so much at first I thought the stupid bee stung his eyeball...but the sting was really on the inside of his eyebrow (next to his nose). We get inside the house and I try to put some ice on it, a few mintues later this is what it looked like...SCARY!It was red and swollen and he was a sad boy most of the afternoon. Well, this morning I go into to get him from his crib and I expected to see the swelling gone down....but to our dismay it had gotten worse! It is so swollen Matt has a hard time seeing where he's going. There's been a lot of bumping into things today. The redness and swelling has moved on to his left eye now. The doc had a look and gave him some antihistamine and said to keep an eye on it in case it turns into an infection. So that's what we are doing today...keeping an eye on Matt's eyes. I feel so sad for my little guy! He seems happy and fine today despite the puffiness. He sure is tough. I would need constant cuddles and attention if it were me!

10 comments:

Paula said...

Sad! I'm always so scared of Becca or Katie getting stung by a bee. Poor Matt! He's such a good sport! I hope the swelling goes down quickly.

Kevin, Jenn, Hayden, & Tanner said...

Oh no poor matt. I hope it goes away soon!

Parish & Becca said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy! I am always afraid of bee's stinging Brock. Matt seems like a tough kid though and you even got him to smile for most of those pics!

Melissa DeMoux said...

Oh my goodness, the poor kid! I hope it heals quickly and he is back to normal soon.

mormongrandpablogger said...

I knew Matt was a real man!! No letting something like a little bee sting get him down. He just squints and says "bring on the hornets." Glad he isn't really allergic like others. Hope he gets better soon.

Derk, Heather, and Girls said...

Poor little guys. he is still cute as a button even with a puffy eye!

Parish & Becca said...

HEEEEEEEEY YOUUUUU GUYS! Sorry, that your little Sloth got stung by a bee. Get him a BabyRuth!
-Parish

Tiffany said...

Poor guy! Good thing you're a calm mom, Heather. I would have freaked out.

Mark and Jana said...

Looks like the kid can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.
-Mark (not Jana)

Ashlee said...

Wanted to get a message to you so I am leaving a totally unrelated comment on your blog! I think we need to get the old gang- Ashton/Roylance/Berbert/Froneberger together! I was thinking maybe on November 6th or 7th? I am not sure if a Friday or Saturday is better? We would be happy to have it here and we could do dinner- maybe some yummy soups with rolls/breadsticks and treats? We have tons of board/card games etc so we can catch up and play- I seem to remember Pictionary being a great one for the group…