Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas time

Last night, Josh and I went to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional at the Conference Center with Amy and Justin. I wanted to say, "Thanks"again to them for inviting us. Josh and I have been to the Devotional every year since we've known each other, I think. It was an awesome date. Matt got to play with Grandma during the devotional, so I could sit and pay attention with out a lil' wriggling baby on my lap. I forgot how much you could learn if you just sit and listen! I felt so uplifted by the messages and the beautiful music. I love our First Presidency. I was really moved by all of their messages, if you didn't get a chance to hear it, you should definitely get your hands on a copy. They spoke about being kind this Holiday season to those around you who are in need. Which got Josh and I thinking, "Who can we serve?". My sister was an example of that on our way from the parking lot to the Conference Center. She gave a lady in need of us a bus fare, the full amount for her ticket. President Monson told us he knew that each of us had the desire to grow closer to our Savior. And that now, this time of the year, is a perfect opportunity to do so. It really made me want to focus our Christmas celebrations on the birth of Jesus Christ this year. Josh's family has a tradition of lighting a Christmas candle and reading a Christmas story every night. We've thought about finding a good collection of uplifting stories and starting that tradition. Anyone have special traditions they do this time of year?


After the devotional, we walked through Temple Square and enjoyed the beautiful lights. I had to play crowd blocker to Josh's broken arm, but he made it through unscathed. It was so much fun to be on a date with my hubby and be all dressed up downtown. Thanks for a great night Sweetie!

2 comments:

Melissa DeMoux said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun night out. We didn't get to watch the devotional (yet) so we'll have to read it. You guys do a lot for people and are great examples of thinking of others. We love you all.

Julie Wiley said...

Very cute blog Heather! You have done a great job with it!